Hello.

Green. A color imbued with so much meaning. Green with envy. Green for money. Green for the environment.

You will not find these meanings here.

You may find the occasional budget or environmental tip. You may find ways I try to incorporate more green into my diet.

However, this is not my focus. I could not be labeled a "green homemaker" or "food blogger" or "recipe creator extraordinaire."

So why green?

I recently found a new-to-me concept called color psychology. Sure this concept - like Meyers-Briggs or Strengths Finder - attempts to categorize human beings often in the hopes of making organizations more profitable. But I tend to look at these classifications beyond the cog of capitalism into the great chasm of my chaotic life.


According to the color psychology, green is "the great balancer...creating equilibrium between the head and the heart." It is also the color of "renewal and rebirth. It is the sanctuary away from the stresses of modern living, restoring us back to a sense of well-being...Green is an emotionally positive color, giving us the ability to love and nurture ourselves and others unconditionally...It loves to observe."

I'm not sure another color, or any other self-help/psychological avenue could more accurately describe my desire to create this blog.

At a tumultuous time in my life, I am seeking renewal and rebirth - attempting a redefinition of myself. I recently left the workforce to stay home with my two children. And while my focus is to nurture these beautiful tiny humans, I also am seeking that balance to nurture myself.

And so this space will also be a sanctuary of sorts. Sure it's hard to tout a blog as a way to escape modern society, but it provides a place to set my thoughts and observations about this crazy world we live in. To stop and analyze a book I read. Express an uninterrupted idea. To stop and process the driving forces in my life. Maybe in your life, too. I do hope you'll take pause with me.


Renewal. Rebirth. Nurture. Balance. Sanctuary. 

All shades of green.






Comments

Popular Posts